Senior Developer(DevOps) / Permanent Role
SRE Delivery team is delivering resilience solutions for Hong Kong. SRE Engineer is responsible for building resilience solutions strengthening the reliability, observability, operability and scalability across different business flows and applications of the bank.
• Effectively manage multiple stakeholder demands and expectations while maintaining quality and delivery
• Progressively adopt proactive SRE strategies like Chaos Engineering, Game Days and Synthetic Monitoring
• Partner with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale and performance
• Develop the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
• Maintain open communication with Engineering and Product teams around system performance and reliability
• Write, review, and execute test plans/strategies for validating product/system performance, scalability, and reliability
• Drive product reliability improvements through monitoring, alerting, and application of software development best practices
• Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects, as well as validate systems/solutions are operating as intended
• Engage in the refinement of the development, build and deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
• Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages
• Be the expert on how to best use Cloud technologies to build our next-generation platform
• Bridge the divide between our core application engineers and our main infrastructure teams
• Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness and cost
• Bring best practices and own environment management, ensuring all dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
• Serve as a quality and reliability ambassador as part of an Agile software development team
• Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
Key Skills Set
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
• Advanced Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Experience with Agile / Scrum delivery methodology and related tools
• Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and concepts (Python, Java, Golang, etc..)
• Experience with microservices, API-first, event-driven, agent-based architecture and design
• Knowledge in DevOps – CI/CD, containerization (Docker/Kubernetes), orchestration (Ansible/Salt)
• Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols and behaviour, caching strategies and software design practices
• Knowledge of infrastructure (networking, hypervisors, storage, security) - experience working with a private cloud is a plus
• Experience with test automation with common test frameworks; and performance / load testing techniques at scale
• Experience with metrics collection, time series queries, middleware such as Telegraf, and backends such as OpenTSDB or Prometheus
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana and Grafana
Salary: HKD45000 - HKD78000 per month + bonus, medicalLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 15 August 2022Market leading client is hiring experienced QA / Test Manager / Senior QA to drive automation testing for digital platform enhancement. This will be an ideal opportunity for candidates to encounter in regional project.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 04 August 2022A foreign reputable investment bank is seeking experienced application support for support your equities derivatives desk, risk, PnL.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 23 June 2022A foreign reputable investment bank is seeking experienced application support for support your equities derivatives desk, risk, PnL.
Salary: HKD40000 - HKD80000 per monthLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 05 July 2022Our client is looking for a strong Java developer to join the algorithmic trading platform team. The role requires to work with quants, Trading desks other developers.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 08 August 2022A foreign bank is seeking 3 technical leads with managerial experience to facilitate their 5-year regional digital banking transformation project across APAC. Each lead will be leading subteam of 5-6 Java developers, using spring boot microservices architecture.